Friday 14 September 2012

Happy Birthday September! A Regal Manicure

Sapphires come in all colours apart from red. Red "sapphires" are called rubies. Most people think of sapphire as blue and this is the representation I went with today. The Ceylon sapphire is one of my favourite stones with that unique shade of cornflower blue.

As you may have guessed, sapphire is the birthstone for September.


My base colour for this manicure is Orly Royal Navy. I have used three coats here and some more where I had some fails with my stamping. You can tell I shook the bottle well before use as I also have the blue shimmer that likes to settle to the bottom of the bottle on my nail.


For the stamping I used Nails Inc Cleopatra's Kiss and two different Bundle Monster image plates. On my ring finger is the crown from BM-215 and on my thumb is the crown from BM08. I accented both of these with blue shaded rhinestones. I also used a row of rhinestones along my middle fingernails.


No comments:

Post a Comment